Easy microwave granola bars are the best. They can be whipped up and ready to eat in about 35 minutes. I had a friend tell me the other day that she is allergic to rice. To tell you the truth, I have never heard of anyone that has been allergic to rice and so I told her that I would give her this easy microwave granola bars recipe so that she could make her own granola bars. I know that there are also a lot of people allergic to gluten, and so if you make sure that your oats are gluten free you could also use this recipe as gluten free.
I also made this recipe so that my family could have some snacks to put into their lunches. I know that come about 11:30, it is time for a snack. I added M & M’s because they are just fun in most cookies, bars and granola. They add a little color and they add just enough chocolate that you can really enjoy these granola bars.
The other day was my son-in-law’s birthday and we went to the park. I watched my cute little granddaughter playing with her cousin in the water fountain; they where having a great time! Pretty soon my granddaughter was wet from head to toe and she could have cared less. I thought isn’t it funny how we adults are so worried about how our hair and make up looks. Maybe we need to get in the water fountain and just have a great time playing in the water. And who really cares if we are wet from head to toe. Maybe we all wouldn’t be so stressed if we played just a little bit more and worried a little bit less about what everyone else was thinking or wasn’t thinking.
Anyway, I hope that you try these easy microwave granola bars and that you enjoy them. The peanut butter does melt the m & m’s, but they taste fantastic even if they aren’t the most beautiful thing, ever. Maybe they could be called interesting looking granola bars that are yummy to eat! I hope that you enjoy them as much as we do. Enjoy!
- 1¾ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 1½ cups cornflakes (crushed)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- mini M & M's
- Line a 9" X 9" baking pan with parchment paper; I cut a slit down each corner so that it will lay flat against the pan. Leave the parchment paper a little taller that the pan, as this makes it easier to lift out when the granola bars are done.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flax seeds, and crushed cornflakes,
- In another bowl which is microwave safe, combine the honey, peanut butter, and brown sugar.
- Place in the microwave for 1 minute on power level 6.
- Take out and stir.
- Place in the microwave for 1 more minute and then remove and stir until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, mix well and coat the cereal mixture.
- If you like, you can add M & M's at this point.
- When well blended, pat into your baking pan. Make them nice and even.
- Let cool completely, leave on the counter or refrigerate until cool.
- Lift the parchment paper out and cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container so they don't dry out.