Easy Crock Pot Lasagna was the perfect dish for today. It was 100 degrees! Wow, and tomorrow is suppose to be 70. I was grateful for the inspiration to make this for dinner as not to heat the house up! I love lasagna and my family does too.
I hope that there will be some leftovers, but there usually aren’t. I hope that my cute kids do not starve while I am gone. However, last time I went away for a few days, I made food for them and when I got back, it was all still in the freezer. Who does that? I think that we live too close to McDonald’s.
I keep telling them that I do not want them to die before me, and to stop eating at fast food places. But I guess some food will keep you alive longer than no food. Ha ha.
I always enjoy making an easy dish that my family will eat, and easy crock pot lasagna is one of those dinners. I don’t see why you couldn’t add a little more cheese if you wanted. I like white and yellow cheese in my lasagna so that is an option as well.
And if there are other Italian spices that you like, you can add them as well. Another thing is, this would be a great recipe to help your kids learn how to cook. And I think that they will really enjoy putting it together and then coming back and having it all cooked. Just like magic!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Crock Pot Lasagna?
- Ground beef or turkey
- Dried onion
- Garlic clove
- Spaghetti sauce
- Cottage cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Lasagna noodles
How Do I Make Easy Crock Pot Lasagna?
- In a large skillet, brown the beef or turkey with the onion.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook.
- Add rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add in the spaghetti sauce and water.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, Parmesan, egg and the parsley together.
- Place 1 cup meat and spaghetti sauce mixture into the bottom of a 4-6 quart crock pot.
- Place three of the noodles and half of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the sauce mixture.
- Add 2 more cups of the meat mixture.
- Top with the remaining noodles.
- Add the rest of the cheese mixture and the rest of the meat mixture.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the noodles are soft. Do not cook on high or it will not work!!!
- When it is done, Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese on top.
- Put the lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
Well, I must tell you that we have a new addition to the family. My son decided that he wanted a puppy. He is part German Shepard, and Dutch, and he is the funniest little guy to watch. I have to laugh when he is trying to bite his tail or when he tumbles down a few stairs because he is looking everywhere except where he is going.
Do I Have to Cook the Lasagna Noodles First For Easy Crock Pot Lasagna?
- No, that is one of the things that makes this crock pot lasagna recipe so easy.
- Use uncooked lasagna noodles and layer them in the crock pot.
- The noodles will soften up as the crock pot lasagna cooks.
He cried the first few days, it is kinda mean to take them away from their mom and siblings. We also have an older dog and she is not really enjoying him because she is 13 years old and she does not want to run, jump or play. I think that she is starting to like him a little better and she is even starting to show signs of being a little protective.
The part that I like the best is when the little pup does just exactly what our old dog is doing! I know that they will be good friends in a few weeks and that she will love him just as much as he loves her.
So, if today is a hot and crazy day for you, I invite you to try making this easy crock pot lasagna. Your family will thank you for it and you will be so impressed at how easy it is to make. Let me know how it goes and tell me what your family thinks. Enjoy!
More Crock Pot Recipes For You To Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 372Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 115mgSodium 533mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 31g