Deliciously Moist Pumpkin Bread is a must for every family if you enjoy pumpkin. This pumpkin bread with chocolate chips is one of our favorite quick breads. It makes two medium loaves, or one large loaf and one small loaf that you could maybe give to your neighbor. That is if you don’t eat it first!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Deliciously Moist Pumpkin Bread?
- Canola oil or coconut oil
- Canned pumpkin
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking powder
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- Chocolate chips
How Do I Make Deliciously Moist Pumpkin Bread?
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, place the oil, sugar, and the eggs.
- Mix to combine.
- Then add the pumpkin, water, and the flour; mix for 1/2 minute.
- Next add the soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and the cloves, then mix to combine.
- Blend in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 greased 9″ X 5″ loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Tips and Tricks For Deliciously Moist Pumpkin Bread:
- It’s important to use high quality pumpkin. There can be a big difference between different pumpkin puree brands, so make sure you’re using one that’s 100% pumpkin and is on the firmer side. We love Libby’s!
- If you like raisins, you may want to add then instead of chocolate chips and add a 1/2 cup of pecans too!
- Make sure that you don’t over mix the batter: When you mix batter longer than it needs to be mixed, your bread becomes tougher and chewier. We want a moist and tender pumpkin bread–not a doughy, tough one. Mix the batter until it’s fully combined, but don’t over do it!
- Don’t over bake your bread. Baking your bread for too long will dry it out. We recommend taking it out of the oven when the center is still a bit undercooked as it will continue to cook as it cools.
Can I Freeze This Deliciously Moist Pumpkin Bread?
- This pumpkin bread is a wonderful bread to have on hand in the freezer.
- I like to let it cool completely, then wrap the loaves well in plastic wrap making it as airtight as possible. Wrap in foil over the plastic wrap or place the plastic wrapped loaf in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
More Delicious Quick Bread Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 23mgSodium 183mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 4g