This crock pot sticky chicken is fast and wonderful. Place it in the crock pot and in a few hours, it is ready to serve; we love it over rice.
Although this is an easy recipe, it is all about the sauce when it comes to sticky chicken. Spices play an important part in the process of making the sauce. The Lipton Onion Soup mix has just the right spices to compliment the barbecue sauce and make a fabulous sticky sauce.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Crock Pot Sticky Chicken?
- Chicken tenders
- Apricot Jam
- Barbecue Sauce
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
How Do I Make Crock Pot Sticky Chicken?
- Place the chicken in the crock pot.
- Then place the jam, barbecue sauce of your choice, and the Lipton Onion soup mix on top of the chicken.
- You can stir them all together or you can just leave them on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours (depending on your crock pot) or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve over rice.
Do I Have to Make Sticky Chicken in a Crock Pot?
If you do not want to make Sticky Chicken in the crock pot, here is how you can cook it on the stove top:
- In a large skillet, place 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, or oil of your chose.
- Place the chicken tenders in the pan and cook over medium heat. Begin browning the chicken.
- Mix the jam, barbecue sauce, and the dry packet of onion soup mix together.
- Pour it over the chicken.
- Cook the mixture until the center of the chicken reaches 160 degrees and the sauce is thick and bubbly. If you use a jam with less sugar, the sauce will not be as thick and sticky.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.
More Slow Cooker Recipes For you to Enjoy:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 544Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 34mgSodium 1500mgCarbohydrates 96gFiber 2gSugar 58gProtein 15g