Crab salad is a simple recipe that you can make with imitation crab. It mixes up in about 10 minutes, and is creamy and delicious.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Crab Salad?
- Imitation crab meat, flaked style
- Green onions
- Old Bay seasoning
- Lemon or lime juice
- Black pepper
- Cream cheese
- Fresh dill or dry dill
How Do I Make Crab Salad?
- In a medium bowl, place the crab.
- Then add the celery, green onions, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, pepper, salt, mayonnaise, cream cheese and the dill.
- Mix with a wooden spoon or fork.
- Serve on bagels, rolls or even croissants.
Tips and Tricks For Crab Salad?
- The recipe calls for green chopped onions, but you could use purple chopped onions instead.
- You can either add the cream cheese or leave it out. If you would rather leave it out, you may want to add more mayonnaise, but even without the mayonnaise, it is still pretty creamy. Low fat is another option.
- Make sure to use Old Bay, which is a spice that you can also add to chicken or soups.
- Use imitation crab flakes; they do not have to be cut up and they are easier to mix than the imitation crab sticks that you have to cut up.
- Fresh dill is really good to use as it enhances the flavor so nicely, but I love to use Pampered Chefs “All Purpose Dill Mix” you can buy it on eBay.
- Make sure to chop the onions nice and fine.
- Other ideas for ingredients that you could add: fine grated carrots, chopped cucumbers, or baby shrimp.
- Serve crab salad on bagels, croissants, rolls, crackers or chips.
- Crab salad can be kept for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Salads:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 25mgSodium 453mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 4g