Citrus lemonade is so much more than just lemonade, and it is perfect for these hot summer days. We love drinking this citrus lemonade, because it is a little different than your regular lemonade. Friends and family will think that it is a real treat.
This recipe is made with lemons, limes, and oranges. It is the perfect blend of tangy and sweet, and sure to be a hit. It is easy enough to make for an afternoon treat, but tasty enough to serve for a special occasion!
We had some left over oranges from a camping trip, that we couldn’t eat up fast enough so we decided to make citrus lemonade. It works up quickly and I think that even young kids would love to help make it. This is one of the best ways that I have found to use up citrus.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Citrus Lemonade?
How Do I Make Citrus Lemonade?
- Juice each of the lemons, limes, and the oranges
- In a large picture, add the water and then stir in the sugar.
- Add the juice and mix well.
- You may also add extra lemons, limes or oranges for garnishing.
- Serve over ice.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Can I Use Bottled Lemon Juice?
- You could; however there is nothing quite like fresh!
How Much Lemon Juice Do I Need If I Do Not Have Real Lemons?
- You would need about 1/2 cup of Lemon Juice.
Tips and Tricks for Citrus Lemonade:
- Use Warm Water to stir the sugar into; it will help the sugar dissolve faster.
- My suggestion is to add 3 cups of warm water to your pitcher and then add the 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then add the other 7 cups of water (cold water).
- Then go ahead and finish the recipe.
- That way your sugar will dissolve faster and you still won’t have to refrigerate the Citrus Lemonade for a lengthy time before serving it.
- For a different touch, garnish with mint leaves.
More Drink Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 12mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 3gSugar 36gProtein 1g