Chocolate Waffles are a great way to start the New Year off with a bang. These waffles are amazing; they are not too sweet, but just the right amount of chocolate. You can dress them up in so many ways like using Peppermint ice cream or Danish Dessert with raspberries or strawberries. If you just need a kick start for the new year try these.
You might even want to make them for a birthday for someone who is special to you to show them some love! Add any flavor of ice cream that you like and top that off with sprinkles. Be adventurous and try a new recipe today. I know your kids will love these, and since the kids are going back to school, spoil them one more time.
Have fun making these and let the kids come up with their own toppings. These are great to have for a birthday party too. Add some chocolate sauce, sprinkles, whip cream, chocolate chips, ice cream or anything that you desire, and enjoy these wonderful chocolate waffles!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chocolate Waffles?
- Baking powder
- Chocolate milk
- Melted butter
- Pecans (optional)
How Do I Make Chocolate Waffles?
- Beat the egg yolks, and the sugar with an electric mixer. Mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine with egg yolks and sugar alternating with the chocolate milk.
- Fold in the melted butter and nuts.
- Beat the egg whites just until they turn stiff.
- Fold beaten egg whites into the batter just until mixed together.
- Cook in a preheated waffle maker that has been greased.
- Cook until golden brown. 3-5 minutes
- You can serve hot with peppermint ice cream or Danish Dessert .
The sky is the limit when it comes to chocolate waffles. I am looking forward to having a waffle bar for our next get together. I love how many topping ideas there are. But for me whipped topping is a must. Part of the fun of having a waffle bar is spraying the cream on top.
I was at a Blue and Gold banquet for the cub scouts the other day and some of the kids kept coming back and squirting the cream on anything and everything that they could. One kid even got a cup and put strawberries in it and then he sprayed the cup the rest of the way full of whipped cream!
Yum, if I was a kid and could get away with that, I would have done the same thing. Then there are sprinkles, and even if they are messy they sure are a lot of fun. I know when I made cookies with the scouts, a couple of them had about an inch of sprinkles on their cookie.
Tips and Tricks Chocolate Waffles:
- You can cook your waffles ahead of time and then place them in the oven @200 degrees with a moist dish towel over the top until ready to serve.
- Use canned Reddi Whip or whip your own cream. (It sure is fun to use the spray can)!
- Use all kids of fresh fruits to go on top of your waffles. Berries are the best!
- Don’t forget some syrup, there are a lot of fun flavors. Buttermilk syrup is our favorite.
Please do not tell their mom, or I might be in trouble. I am sure that when they went home that night, that they had a nice sugar buzzzzzzzz. Well, I guess that is part of being a leader you get to have fun with the boys and then you send them home.
I guess you could say it is like sending your kids to grandma’s house, where she spoils them and then sends them home for the parents to deal with. I love this because that is what my kids grand parents did and now, it is my turn to reciprocate.
I hope that you love the chocolate waffles as much as we do! Here are a couple of fun ideas in case you decide to have a waffle bar.
More Great Breakfast Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 433Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 98mgSodium 657mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 3gSugar 12gProtein 10g