Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are chocolate cookies with a chewy marshmallow, topped with just the right amount of chocolate frosting. You are going to enjoy these cookies, no matter the occasion.
We made these cookies some when I was growing up. They were different than the regular chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin cookies that we usually had. We didn’t have near the variety of cookies when I was growing up that we do now.
Did your mom make chocolate marshmallow cookies for you when you were young? If so, you were a lucky kid, and that is what everyone will think when they try one of yours. They work up pretty fast and they are so worth the time it takes to make them.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies?
- Baking soda
- Confectioners sugar
How Do I Make Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies?
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add milk, flour, salt, soda, and cocoa, mix well.
- Place scoops of cookie dough about 2″ apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then set a marshmallow cut in half on top, with the cut side towards the cookie.
- Bake 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- When cool, frost with chocolate frosting.
- Mix butter with a hand mixer
- Add confectioners sugar and about 5 tablespoons of milk, cocoa, and vanilla.
- Mix very well.
- If it is too thick, add just a few more drops of milk.
I remember when I was a kid and my mother would make these wonderful chocolate marshmallow cookies! We did not get a lot of treats and so when they were made, you better hurry and eat more than one because when you came back to get another, there weren’t any.
That is one of the things that you learn when you are the youngest of eight. However it does take a few years to figure things out. Now that most of my children have moved out, I have to take some of my treats to the neighbors, otherwise I still have embedded in my head that if I don’t hurry and eat 3 or 4 cookies, there won’t be any left.
Then I think the same thing the next day, and the next day and pretty soon, I have eaten all of them. 😉 I love that the chocolate marshmallow cookies are soft and chewy. The marshmallow on top makes them simply irresistible.
Then of course you need to top it off with a delicious chocolate frosting. You can’t forget the frosting because this is one of the best parts. Sometimes little kids will even just lick off the frosting and the marshmallow. But as far as that goes, I am not a big marshmallow fan, and I do love these cookies.
And do you know what, I hope that you love them too. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of them. Happy baking!
Tips and Tricks For Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies:
- If your marshmallows are sticking to the scissors, I just dip them in a little water and then shake them off before cutting the big marshmallow in half.
- Make your cookies ahead of time. These cookies freeze very well.
- If you are in a big hurry, try using the same recipe as my home made Oreo’s!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 203Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 16mgSodium 96mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 2g