Chocolate chocolate cookies! What’s not to love? These bad boys are loaded with chocolate, and they are soft and chewy. I love chocolate chocolate cookies and even more so when they have white chips in them. I don’t know what it is about the mixture, but it is fantastic!!
These also have chocolate chips in them, and I put the mini chips in there, because that is what I had. You could put larger ones if you like. Peanut butter would be another excellent choice.
The next time I make these chocolate chocolate cookies, I think that they also call for a bowl of vanilla ice cream. I love to put cookies fresh out of the oven into my ice cream. But I do love my ice cream a little melted.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Chocolate Chocolate Cookies?
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chips
How Do I Make Chocolate Chocolate Cookies?
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together, butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix well for about 2 minutes.
- Then add flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough, or roll dough into balls; place 2″ apart onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Well, after 12 years of driving a mini van, my husband went to get it inspected. We were told that it was going to cost $1,100.00 for one part and that the A/C was going out. It has been a very warm summer and I am a little spoiled. I need A/C, so I finally consented to get a new car.
I am not too picky, but there are a few thing that I like. It is funny how you get use to different things too. My trunk had a button that you can push and it goes up and down which is very nice for grocery shopping. I had an electric seat and electric windows; do they have windows that you have to roll up and down like they did back in the olden days? (When I was a kid, according to my children ha ha).
What is Cocoa Powder?
- Cocoa powder is roasted cacao beans that have been pulverized for baking purposes.
- Natural cocoa powder is cocoa that has not had its acid stripped.
- Because it has all of its acids in tact, it is usually paired with baking soda.
- The metallic taste that is released in the sodium carbonate of baking soda is mellowed by the acid in natural cocoa powder.
- Natural cocoa powder is what is typically found in American grocery stores. (Hershey’s Cocoa Powder).
And so I set out to find a car. I drove a few and they were different than a mini van. One thing that I didn’t want was a black car on the inside and the outside. They look sharp, but the black on the outside is hard to keep clean and the black on the inside, is pretty hot in the summer.
The first car I drove was white on the outside, which was nice, but it had black on the inside. The next one I drove was a gray car with a light tan inside. It was pretty nice, but when I went to lift the seat, I told the salesman that it was broken and that the seat wouldn’t go up. I said, see that lever you have to pump it. What? I have never seen such a thing. I am spoiled.
Can I Use Different Chocolate Chips in Chocolate Chocolate Cookies?
- Yes! Use the type of chocolate that you like.
- I prefer semisweet chocolate in these cookies.
- If you want more of a dark chocolate cookie, use bittersweet chocolate.
- If you want a sweeter cookie, use milk chocolate chips in these cookies.
After that, I decided very quickly that there was no way I was buying that car. It’s kind of funny that something so simple can make up your mind. I did’t find anything and so we left. My daughter had bought a salvaged titled car and so I told my husband lets look where she bought hers. It is kind of like a scratch and dent car place. We drove two different cars while we were there.
One was white with a tan inside and cloth seats, all wheel drive, and electric seats, but it didn’t have an electric trunk. That was okay; it was still very nice. But the seat had something that had been spilled on it and it only had 5000 miles. I thought to myself, those seats are light, which I wanted, but they are going to get dirty fast!
Can These Chocolate Chocolate Cookies Be Frozen?
Freezing the Cookie Dough:
- Yes, I recommend freezing the cookie dough and baking the cookies later.
- Simply portion the cookie dough with a cookie scoop and chill overnight.
- Place the chilled cookie dough portions in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- When you are ready to enjoy some Chocolate Chocolate Cookies, bake the frozen cookie dough balls, adding an extra 2-3 minutes cooking time in the oven.
Freezing the Cookies:
- Chocolate Chocolate Cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- Store them either in a single layer or stacked with parchment paper between each layer.
- Before serving, thaw the cookies overnight in the refrigerator and then allow them to come to room temperature.
The car that we bought was red with tan leather seats and a front wheel drive. This one was about $600, more, but it had an electric trunk, and a bigger back up screen which is very nice for people my age that need to be able to see things! And it had a fun sun roof. It had 8,000 miles.
I thought, if I could put what I wanted on the car, it would have all wheel drive, and be a medium gray color. That’s okay. I like my red car. And since all my kids have grown up and it is usually me driving by myself, (I graduated from having kids in school) I bought a Nissan Rogue.
I use to drive a Nissan Quest. That was one good van and I don’t think we had to fix very many things on it until now. My husband talked me into a Nissan when we got rid of my Dodge Omni and that is what I have driven most of my married thirty years. Thanks honey for helping me get a new car!! Now let’s eat chocolate chocolate cookies.
More Chocolate Recipes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 14mgSodium 90mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 1g