Cheesy Pinwheels are a perfect appetizer and just in time for the Super Bowl!! I can’t believe that it is time for the Super Bowl already! I just can’t believe how fast the days go.
I always love a good get together and I know that you will be so happy with how these come together so quickly. I think that next time I make cheesy pinwheels, I will add a little diced ham. Yum, I just can’t wait to make them again.
You could also put some chicken in them. That would be good too. Maybe even some Swiss cheese and some ham, I know that my husband would be in heaven. What is your favorite combination?
What Ingredients Do I Need For Cheesy Pinwheels?
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Crescent rolls
- Dried parsley for garnish
How Do I Make Cheesy Pinwheels?
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Then add the cheeses.
- Roll out the crescents.
- Pinch the seams together.
- Place half of the cheese mixture onto the crescents and roll them up starting on the short end.
- Then cut the roll into eight pieces.
- Place the rolls into a deep pie plate that has been buttered or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees in a preheated oven for 18-22 minutes.
- Garnish with dried parsley.
- Serve immediately.
So let me tell you how exciting today was, I went to the grocery store and as I went to check out, there were some beautiful flowers that they had marked down.
So I thought, I will just get some of those gorgeous roses for $1.49; yes that is right, they were a beautiful red, and there was six of them. So then I got thinking who else I could give some of them to?
I thought about my neighbor and when I went, she told me that it was her husbands birthday, he passed away about 7 months ago. I was glad that I had gotten them and taken them to her.
We had a nice visit. She has two cats and they are beautiful. The one is a little grouchy and he doesn’t come out very often. His sister, however is a lot friendlier and she comes out and wants you to rub her back and give her all this attention.
I grew up having a few cats, but on the farm, they stayed outside. Anyway, I hope that I was able to make her day. Flowers just seem to do that!
Tips and Tricks For Cheesy Pinwheels:
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silipat baking sheet for perfect pinwheel bottoms and easy cleanup.
- Put lines on your dough with a knife before slicing to make the slices even.
- Prepare only half the recipe at a time, putting the remaining crescent dough in the refrigerator to keep it cool for easier cutting. (As the dough sits out it gets softer and harder to cut.)
So, are you getting ready for the Super Bowl, and what kind of snacks are you having? Healthy is good. These cheesy pinwheels are kind of not real healthy, but cheese is good for you right!?!
I do think that you will enjoy them and if you like, you can always add some olives, and a nice slice of avocado on the top. That way they will be delicious and nutritious. That reminds me of the other day when I was telling you, next week I will start eating healthier, after the holidays, and after so and so’s birthday. Okay, I guess right after the Super Bowl. Enjoy!!
More Delicious Appetizers For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 208Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 19mgSodium 169mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 3g