Cheesy broccoli potato soup is creamy and delicious, perfect for those Fall days when there is a chill in the air.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this soup (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Chopped carrots
- Chopped celery
- Onion, diced (red or white)
- Garlic clove, minced
- Chicken broth
- Better than Bullion, chicken flavor
- Yukon potatoes
- Dried Thyme
- Black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- All-purpose flour
- Shredded cheese, medium or cheddar
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- *Optional: cooked diced chicken
How Do I Make Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this soup (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a large pan, melt 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Add the carrots, celery and the onion; sauté for 4-5 minutes; then add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Next add the broth, Better than Bullion, potatoes, thyme, salt, pepper, and Cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a rapid boil, then turn the heat to medium, place the lid on top and allow the mixture to cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- In a small separate pan, place the remaining 4 Tablespoons butter, and allow it to melt over medium low heat.
- Next place the flour in the pan and whisk until it becomes nice and thick; slowly add the milk and mix until all lumps are gone.
- Remove form the heat and add to the other mixture if all the veggies are tender.
- Stir until the mixture is thicker.
- If desired, add 1 cup cooked, diced chicken.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the cheeses.
- Serve while it is warm.
Tips and Tricks For Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup:
Can I Use Different Kinds of Potatoes?
- Yes, you can use russets, red potatoes would be great too, but my favorite is the Yukon golds.
What Kinds of Chicken Can I Add to This Soup?
- Any kind of chicken would be great added to this soup; just make sure that it is already cooked.
- A great idea would be to grab a rotisserie chicken.
What Kinds of Cheese Can I Use in This Soup?
- Sharp or medium cheese will give you the best flavor.
- Also add just a small amount of grated Parmesan and your soup will be amazing.
Why Do I Add Cayenne Pepper?
- Add cayenne pepper to enhance the flavor, it really blends all of the flavors and helps make this soup amazing.
More Tasty Soups For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 495Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 88mgSodium 1345mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 20g