Best clam chowder is what is going on my table tonight. I love this chowder for many reasons, you can add or take away any vegetables that you want. It is rich and creamy and your family will love it.
If you add some Fluffy Cornbread with it, then you will have a complete meal.
Garnish with scallions, bacon bits, grated carrots, or cheese of your choice. Also, if you do not want potatoes in your soup, you can leave them out, I love the thicker texture that they give the soup.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Best Clam Chowder?
- Clove of garlic
- Chicken broth
How Do I Make Best Clam Chowder?
- In a frying pan, or 5 quart heavy pot, place the bacon and fry it until it is nice and crisp. Save 2 Tablespoons of the bacon fat; this gives it a nicer flavor.
- Crumble the bacon.
- Then add the onion, garlic, and chicken broth and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add the potatoes, celery and the carrots.
- Add the bacon and simmer on medium heat until the vegetables are tender.
- Place four cups of milk in a bowl, and whisk in the 6 Tablespoons of flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk until all of the flour is dissolved and lumps are gone.
- Slowly add to the pot and stir gently, cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add clams.
- Heat until the soup is warm.
- Garnish with scallions and grated cheese.
- Pepper to taste.
Is Clam Chowder Easy to Make?
- It is easy and comes together in about 20 minutes, just remember to not overheat the milk.
You will not believe how much better this Best Clam Chowder tastes than having clam chowder in a can. There is no comparison. Make it for a friend and they will love you forever!
What Can I Use to Garnish My Best Clam Chowder?
- Garnish with scallions, bacon bits, grated carrots, or cheese of your choice.
I am so excited to eat this soup, and guess what, it just started snowing. This is perfect for today!
More Tasty Soups For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 131Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 18mgSodium 518mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 8g