Bavarian mint fudge is the perfect fudge. Creamy and smooth, these fudge pieces are delicious any time of the year. If you are wondering what to give the neighbor with everything, look no farther. Bavarian mint fudge is so quick to make and a favorite of most. I love that this fudge comes together so quickly, and the smooth creamy taste is a little bit of heaven.
I am so excited for the holidays, and I just can’t believe how fast they are coming. It brings back the memories of being young and now that my kids are grown, I like to focus on having fun times together and not worrying so much about what I’m going to stuff in their stockings. I have come to realize that the best gift ever is just plain, the gift of time. So it is time to start coming up with some games. We have neighbors that invite us to their Christmas party every year. I love going and I love using some of their ideas because they are so fun. One of my favorites was the year we teamed up and we had to help the other person make a snowman. One person had to tear the body into the shape of a snowman behind their back and the other person had to make a hat after the first person was done. The person who made the hat also had to draw buttons on the snowman. It was fun!! I also enjoyed the year that we had to draw a reindeer without looking and my son thought that his was the best. We posted the reindeer on face book and asked which one was the best.
So this year it is my goal to not worry so much about the packages and bows, but to spend time with loved ones and neighbors, and I plan to share this amazing Bavarian mint fudge. That is if I can stop eating it. My best idea is, just don’t try it and you will be just fine. Once you start, you just might have a hard time stopping. I did put it in the freezer and when I get a few more treats made, I will add this to my plate to give to the neighbors. And yes, they will know that I really love them.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (7 ounce) Hershey bars
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In the top pan of a double boiler, place sweetened condensed milk, Hershey bars, unsweetened chocolate, and butter.
- Put water in bottom pan of the double boiler and place top pan of double boiler over the bottom pan of the double boiler, and stir over low to medium heat until all ingredients are melted.
- After all ingredients are melted together, add the peppermint extract and the vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8" x 8" pan.
- When cooled, cut into squares. (I use a plastic knife so that the fudge doesn't stick to the knife as much).
- Store in an air tight container.