Amazing Key Lime Pie is absolutely delicious. It has just the right amount of tart and it comes together pretty quickly. I encourage you to try making one today. It was my sister’s birthday yesterday and she loves key lime! So I decided to make her a pie. It is her favorite dessert.
What is your favorite dessert? I think you might change it to key lime pie if you taste this pie! And if you are trying to make it fast, you get yourself some lime juice in a bottle. I have never used anything but fresh, but that is another option.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Amazing Key Lime Pie?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this pie (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Light brown sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Grated lime zest
- Fresh lime juice
- Heavy cream
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Grated lime zest
- Slices of lime
How Do I Make Amazing Key Lime Pie?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this pie (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter; mix until well combined.
- Pat the crumbs into the bottom of a 9″ pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool completely.
- Turn the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, lime zest and the lime juice.
- Pour the mixture into the warm graham cracker crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is almost set, and it just jiggles a little bit.
- Allow the pie to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes before placing it in the refrigerator to chill for 2-3 hours.
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract and lime zest, beat until medium peaks form.
- Top the pie with the whipped cream.
- Garnish the pie with lime zest and/or lime slices.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, and then refrigerate any left overs.
Tips and Tricks for Amazing Key Lime Pie:
- Make sure that you use sweetened condensed milk, NOT canned milk. My daughter accidently used can milk, and it just doesn’t turn out the same.
- If you are in a hurry, you can use a store bought graham cracker crust instead of making one.
- You could use bottled lime juice instead of Fresh Lime Juice if you are in a hurry.
Can I Substitute Regular Limes for Key Limes in Key Lime Pie?
- Key limes are small, spherical limes that grow in tropical and subtropical regions.
- You can use them in place of regular limes in any recipe, but they are ideal in Key lime pie.
- I actually use Key Limes in this pie when I can find them, but if I can’t find them, I just use regular limes.
More Delicious Pies For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 52mgSodium 145mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 5g