Chicken salad croissant sandwiches is one of the most delicious recipes ever. Place the chicken salad between the croissant and you have the most amazing sandwich ever. I love this salad because you can either use it for a fancy get together like a baby shower or you can even use it for dinner. It is a recipe that you do not have to turn the oven on. And it is a little cooler for those nice summer night that are HOT! And again, if you are like one of my children you can just add the grapes and almonds to half of the mixture and for those who are a little fussy, you can serve the one without any grapes and almonds. Those people do not know what they are missing out on! I love it with almonds and I love it with cashews. You can do whatever works for your family and friends. Another thing, is that you could use red grapes if you want it to be a little more colorful.
The cream in this chicken salad croissant sandwiches makes a big difference. I love how creamy it makes the salad and the cream really enhances the flavor. Also if you are going to make it for a party, you could use small croissants. I used big ones because I like people to get full. We do not want anyone complaining about being hungry around here. However, I know that it happens because I hear about it every day. I think that my youngest son has a hole in his leg. My grandma use to ask us if we had a hole in our leg, and now I know exactly what she was talking about.
How was your weekend? I had a great time at my family reunion. I took my granddaughter for a ride on our Razor up in a hay field and let me tell you, I was a little freaked out. There were grasshoppers everywhere! They were jumping in the Razor with us and I was screaming and driving like a mad woman! I just do not like those things on my head or legs or anywhere on me. My brother was telling me that one day he had one hit him in the head and almost knock him out. 🙂 I thought that he was kidding, but now I know that he wasn’t. We need to get us some seagulls to come and eat them. I miss the farm, but I do not miss all those bugs. I also miss the mountains and the quiet stillness that they manifest. I like my neighbors, but I love the space that comes from being on a farm where the closest neighbor is a mile down the road. I guess that I just need a winter home and a summer home. Now that would be the best of both worlds. Summer is going by fast, my friends; enjoy every day.
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup green grapes, (cut in half)
- 1 cup Pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, or cashews
- 1 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 stalks celery, chopped into small cubes
- ⅓ cup Whipping cream (whipped until thickened)
- ½ cup mayonnaise or plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Boil or cook chicken in the instant pot until the middle reaches 160 degrees.
- Allow the chicken to cool.
- Shred the chicken.
- In a bowl combine chicken, grapes, pineapple, almonds, lemon juice, celery, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream and then gently stir in the mayo.
- Pour the whipped cream mixture into the bowl with the chicken mixture and mix gently.
- Chill the chicken salad until ready to serve.
- Place on croissants. Amazing!