Whole Wheat Bread is a reminder of the good old days when my mother baked bread. There was nothing like the aroma of bread in our home when we walked in from school. A piece of warm bread with butter or jam was such a treat.
I have been using this recipe for the last 25 years. It has never failed me. It makes 5 loaves so you will want to become your neighbors new best friend, or maybe just make half the recipe. I got the recipe from a good friend that worked in a kitchen store. She did ceramics in her garage at night and worked during the day for the kitchen store. It is a Magic Mill recipe and you and your family will love it. Try it with some home made jam.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Whole Wheat Bread?
- Dough conditioner
- White Flour
- Whole wheat flour
How Do I Make Whole Wheat Bread?
- In a separate bowl, mix warm water and yeast, with sugar. Let yeast rise for about 5-10 minutes.
- In a Bosch or Kitchen Aid use the dough hook and mix warm water, oil, dough conditioner, honey and flour.
- Then add the yeast mixture and the rest of the flour except for one cup.
- Add the last cup of flour, a little at a time making sure that your bread is neither too dry or too wet.
- When it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl you know it is just about right.
- Mix on medium for 10 minutes.
- Put out on a counter top that has been sprayed with cooking spray and cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Roll up and put into a greased bread pan.
- Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, and then at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
More Delicious Bread Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 183mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 5g