Swedish Meatballs Instant Pot. If you are looking for a last minute dinner, you may want to try Swedish Meatballs in the Instant Pot. You can make them fairly quickly and then add them to a bed of noodles or rice.
I know that summer has begun and it is a time when we are all very busy. However you still need to eat and the quicker we can cook our dinner, the more we get to play!
Swedish Meatballs Instant Pot
We love Swedish Meatballs at our house and I typically make them in the Crock Pot, but I decided it was time to try Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs, so I could make them quickly when I hadn’t planned ahead. And I have to admit that that happens quite often.
I just add a vegetable or a side salad with the Swedish Meatballs and it’s a quick and easy meal. I usually have everything that I need to make them, on hand. I always try to keep a bag of frozen meatballs in the freezer for those really busy nights when I just don’t know have time to make the meatballs.
But I have to admit that I really like this dish when I make the meatballs instead of using frozen meatballs. It is hard to calculate how much juice that you will get out of a frozen meatball, and I think that the juice from hamburger makes better sauce than the juice from frozen meatballs.
How do you make Swedish Meatball Sauce?
My Swedish meatball recipe is quick and easy. The sauce is made with the juices from the meatballs, beef broth and flour.
Do you have to cook meatballs before putting them in an Instant Pot?
No you don’t – that is one of the best features of this quick and easy recipe! No need to cook the meatballs first.
Can you use frozen meatballs in this recipe?
Yes you can. But you may have to use more broth in the sauce, depending on how much juice your frozen meatballs cook out when you cook them.
What other some other meatball recipes?
One of our favorite meatball recipes is: Hawaiian Meatballs If you like sweet and sour, you will love these meatballs.
A 2 ingredient, easy recipe for a meatball appetizer is: Two Ingredient Plum Meatballs
And if you are in the mood for a meatball sandwich, you can find a recipe here: Meatball Submarine Sandwiches
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- In a large bowl, add the 2 lbs ground beef, 1/2 c bread crumbs, 1/3 c milk, 2 egg yolks, 1 garlic, 1/2 t thyme, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper.
- Mix well and form mixture into 1 1/2" or 2" balls; I like to use a cookie scoop.
- Place the Instant Pot on high saute setting. Heat the 1 1/2 T oil, and then brown all of the meat balls on all sides for 4-5 minutes. Place the cooked meatballs on a paper towel and set aside. It may take two different batches to cook them, and it works well to use a large plastic spoon or a wooden spoon.
- In the Instant Pot, add the 2 T flour and stir for 1 minute. Add the 2 c beef broth and you may want to add a little more salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the meatballs back into the Instant Pot. Set to manual setting, adjust the pressure to high, and set time for 9 minutes.
- Then use the quick release pressure.
- Remove the meatballs. Place the Instant Pot on high saute and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- Garnish with parsley.
Amount Per Serving Calories 593 Total Fat 39g Saturated Fat 14g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 20g Cholesterol 240mg Sodium 718mg Carbohydrates 11g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 47g