Hurrah for the red, white and blue!! I know that you will love these Patriotic Frozen Yogurt Popsicles. They are healthier than your regular popsicle or frozen ice cream treats! I love making them with yogurt and fresh fruit. Also you can use any kind of white yogurt that you want.
I just happen to love coconut and it goes rather nicely with the strawberries and the blueberries. I am so excited for the 4th of July, but it is going to be hot and so we will have some Patriotic frozen yogurt popsicles to help cool us down.
If you do not want to use sweetened yogurt, you may want to use honey instead; use a couple of Tablespoons in each color. I know that if you can find some local honey, it will help with allergies. Honey is good for you if you do not eat too much. And if it can help with allergies, I am in!
Can I use Frozen Berries in my Patriotic Frozen Yogurt Popsicles?
- Yes, you can. I like to use fresh berries if I can get them, but frozen are really just as good to use.
Can I use Water in place of the Milk in these Frozen Yogurt Popsicles?
- Some people do use water instead of milk, but I prefer milk.
Do I Have to use Popsicle Sticks?
- I used popsicle sticks in these Patriotic Frozen Yogurt Popsicles instead of the handles that come with the holders because of the different layers.
- Using popsicle sticks made it easier to do 3 different layers.
- If you are just doing one layer, that makes it easier to use the handles that come with the holders because you just make the mixture, place it in the popsicle holder and place the Popsicle handle in the holder and freeze the content.
- Different colors make that a little tricky.
Here are a few more Patriotic Recipes for you:
Whatever you do on the 4th of July, enjoy a Patriotic Frozen Yogurt Popsicle. I’m thinking that I am going to make some different flavors and we are going to enjoy frozen yogurt popsicles all summer long!
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 8mgSodium 56mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 7g