Million dollar spaghetti casserole is ideal to make ahead and then when you are ready to use it you can just place it in the oven until it is heated through.
My family loves this dish and my youngest son (my most picky child when it comes to food) thoroughly enjoys Million dollar spaghetti casserole. When I make it, he will say, “I think this is one of my most favorite dishes”!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this spaghetti (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Spaghetti noodles
- Spaghetti sauce
- Ground beef or Italian sausage, optional
- Olive oil
- Yellow onions
- Garlic cloves
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Dried parsley
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
How Do I Make Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this spaghetti (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti noodles.
- Drain the noodles and add one can spaghetti sauce.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, (or you can use Italian sausage).
- Drain and set it aside in a different container.
- Next add the olive oil to the empty skillet and place the onions and garlic in skillet and sauté.
- Add the meat back into the skillet and add the other can of spaghetti sauce.
- In a medium bowl add the cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, and 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Next add parsley, garlic powder, and pepper, (or 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning).
- At this point you will have the 3 following different mixtures:
1) Spaghetti noodles with spaghetti sauce 2) Meat with spaghetti sauce and 3) Cheese mixture
- Place 1/2 of the sliced butter into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Next place 1/2 the spaghetti noodles mixture in the dish, then 1/2 the cheese mixture.
- Add the remaining spaghetti noodles mixture and top with remaining butter slices.
- Pour the meat sauce mixture evenly over the top layer of the spaghetti noodles mixture.
- Then add the other 1/2 of the cheese mixture.
- Top with the last 2 cups mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
Tips and Tricks For Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole?
- You are welcome to make your own spaghetti sauce, but I like to use a couple of cans that are already made.
- Use whatever your favorite kind of spaghetti sauce is.
- I have always used regular spaghetti noodles, but the sky is the limit if you want to try different noodles.
How Do I Make Italian Seasoning?
- You can make your own Italian Seasoning by mixing together 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder and 3/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Can Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole Be Frozen?
- This casserole makes a great freezer meal.
- Put it in a aluminum pan and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Then wrap it good in aluminum foil, and place it in the freezer.
- Remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw for about 24 hours in the refrigerator before baking.
More Delicious Italian Dishes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 435Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 95mgSodium 459mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 22g