Fast and easy rolls, just in time for the wonderful holiday time of year. If you are in a hurry, these are wonderful rolls, because you want to spend time with family and friends, not all day cooking in the kitchen.
These homemade rolls are so light, fluffy, buttery and delicious. Once you make these rolls, you will never buy rolls again, because they taste so much better than those that you buy at the store.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Fast and Easy Rolls?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these rolls (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Dry yeast
- Warm water (110 -130) degrees
- All-purpose flour
How Do I Make Fast and Easy Rolls?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make these rolls (scroll down for the full recipe):
- In a medium size bowl, place the yeast and warm water.
- Allow the yeast to dissolve, and then add the two beaten eggs, shortening, sugar and salt.
- Mix with an electric mixer for one minute.
- Next add flour, one cup at a time, using a dough hook.
- Knead for about 7 minutes on medium speed.
- Form the dough into small balls; around 20 of them.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Allow the dough to rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven; remove the rolls and brush them with butter and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
Tips and Tricks For Fast and Easy Rolls:
- Make sure that your yeast is fresh, good and room temperature.
- Remember with all yeast doughs, it’s ok if you have to add more flour or use less flour than the recipe calls for.
- There are many factors that affect the amount of flour that you will need to use, such as: the way you measure flour, the elevation, the weather, and humidity.
How Can I Speed Up the Time That it Takes For the Rolls to Rise?
- Place a cake pan 1/2 full of water in the oven.
- Set the oven @170 degrees and then when the oven gets up to temperature, turn the oven off, leaving the pan of water in the oven.
- Place the rolls in the oven, and allow the rolls to rise – it usually takes about 15-25 minutes.
- Then go ahead and bake your rolls, as directed.
What Can I Put on My Homemade Rolls?
- Try using strawberry jam, or any other flavor that you want.
- How about some honey butter, or some people even really enjoy strawberry butter.
- Then there is always the left over turkey with a little mayonnaise, lettuce and a pickle. That is one of my favorites!!!
Proofing Active Yeast:
How Do You Test For, or Proof, Active Dry Yeast?
- It’s easy to test active dry yeast, and if you have any doubts if it is still alive, you should take a few minutes to make sure.
- To test the yeast, measure 1/3 cup warm water into a bowl.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon sugar; stir until it dissolves.
- Then stir in active dry yeast and stir until the mixture begins to form a creamy foam on the surface of the water, about 5-10 minutes.
- You can now proceed to combine the yeast mixture with the flour and other dry ingredients.
- If it does not form a creamy foam on the surface of the water, the yeast is not alive and active .
Do You Need To Proof Active Dry Yeast?
- You don’t need to proof active dry yeast before using it, unless you are doubtful that it is still alive and active. (Even though it still says you should dissolve it on the back of the yeast packet, if you buy your yeast in packets.)
- Proofing yeast – or as it used to be called, “proving” yeast – serves as proof that your yeast is alive and active.
Find More Delicious Biscuit and Roll Recipes Here:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 54Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 20mgSodium 219mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 1g