Creamy white chicken chili is soon to be one of your new favorite soups! It has a wonderful texture and it is so creamy and delicious. I love the big chunks of chicken with the white beans. If you don’t want to add the half and half, you can use regular milk; the creamy white chicken chili will be just a little bit runnier. Every one in my family loves this recipe except my son that won’t eat a bean to save his life. I know that if he would try this, he would really like it. Maybe it is just the texture of the beans that he doesn’t care for, but who wouldn’t love this delicious chili!?!
Christmas is coming so fast and I haven’t finished my shopping. It really gets rather difficult when your children are older. So all you lucky people with young ones, I think that you are pretty lucky. I did enjoy shopping for the grand kids. Maybe because it makes me wish that I could play with some of the fun toys that they have now days! I love the awesome lights that are everywhere. They are beautiful. And I love how magical they make the season.
I loved growing up in the country. We use to go out and cut down our own Christmas tree. I remember one year when I was trying to cut a branch off with a butcher knife! You guessed it, the knife slipped and I cut my thumb!! And I still have a scar. I don’t remember how old I was, but I think that I was around 12 years old. I was the youngest of 9 kids and so, I had to wait for my older brothers to cut down the tree. I just couldn’t wait to get the tree in the stand, and so while they were out milking the cows, I took matters into my own hands. Needless to say, I had to wait anyway because I had a very sore thumb. What are some of the crazy stories that you all have for Christmas when you were young? Any way, I hope that you all have the best Christmas ever and that you get a chance to enjoy this awesome creamy white chicken chili. One more thing, if you don’t like a lot of spiciness from chilies; just use one.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ onion, sliced into little squares or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 3 (15½ ounce) cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth (a little less than 2 cups)
- 1 or 2 (4 ounce cans) mild green chilies (depending on your liking)
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup half and half, or cream
- Shredded cheese for garnishing, (I used cheddar)
- Tortilla chips and lime juice, if you like.
- In a large skillet, or dutch oven, add 1 Tablespoon Olive oil, and cook the chicken. (I used my Insta Pot and then I shredded the chicken.
- Saute onion and garlic. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes until onion is soft.
- In a large pot, add the beans, chicken broth, chilies, salt, cumin, oregano, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring the mixture to a slight boil and then let it simmer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and the half and half.
- Garnish as you wish!