Another one of our traditions for Halloween is to have chili. This Best Chili Ever recipe comes together very quickly and is so delicious!
I like chili because when it is cold, chili just seems to warm up the whole body. A pot of Chili is also perfect when everyone seems to be in and out at different times. This way, if the crock pot has food in it, they can help themselves!
You can also use different kinds of beans like pinto beans, one of my kids will eat pinto beans but not kidney beans. As you can see in the picture, I have used some of both and that is great too.
If you like, you can also not blend your tomatoes. It is fine either way. But again some people do not like tomato chunks so go ahead and blend them in that situation.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Best Chili Ever?
- Ground beef
- Green pepper
- Olive oil
- Dry mustard
- Chili powder
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Ground cinnamon
- Kidney beans or pinto beans
- Tomato paste
How Do I Make Best Chili Ever?
- In a 5-6 quart pot, cook the onions, green pepper and ground beef in the oil, cook until the ground beef is no longer pink.
- Add mustard and stir while cooking for an additional minute.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, tomatoes with the liquid and the beans with their liquid, and tomato paste.
- Simmer on medium rapidly for about 40 minutes or until most of the liquid has cooked away; stirring frequently.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Add Crackers if you like.
Can I Make Best Chili Ever in a Crock Pot?
- Yes, just cook the hamburger, onions and green peppers in your crock pot first.
- And then put everything else in the crock pot and let it cook on low for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- I like cooking this chili in the crock pot because I can just leave the crock pot on warm, and the chili is ready whenever my family members show up to eat!
How Long Can Homemade Cooked Chili be Left at Room Temperature?
- If you are leaving it out to be served, maintain it at a temperature of over 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F; it should be discarded if left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature.
How Long Does Homemade Chili Last in the Fridge?
- Place the cooked chili in covered airtight containers.
- Properly stored, it will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
How Long Does Homemade Chili Last in the Freezer?
- Place the cooked chili in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
- Properly stored, it will maintain best quality for about 4 to 6 months.
More Tasty Soups For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 40mgSodium 70mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 16g