Amazing gluten free brownies are the perfect snack when you just need a little something. Moist and delicious chocolate brownies without the guilt. I like to use Truvia or even Swerve and that way these delicious brownies will not spike your sugar.
I love when I am able to make a gluten free treat that tastes amazing, and this is one of those. Amazing gluten free brownies are so delicious, your guests just might not know that they are gluten free. Then we use coconut oil and almond flour.
The first time I tried these amazing gluten free brownies, I said “yes’. These brownies are a keeper. They work up pretty fast and I love the chocolate brownie and the chocolate chips! I use Ghirardelli 60 percent Cacao chocolate chips.
However, you are welcome to use whatever kind of chocolate chips that you want. Also if you do not have Cacao powder, you are welcome to use regular cocoa. I have just been trying to eat a little healthier.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Amazing Gluten Free Brownies?
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 cup Truvia, or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cacao powder (can use cocoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- additional chocolate chips 1/2-3/4 cup (according to your taste)
How Do I Make Amazing Gluten Free Brownies?
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 5 Tablespoons coconut oil.
- Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes on power level 5.
- Remove from the microwave, and stir.
- Return to the microwave and repeat for 2 more minutes at power level 5.
- Remove and stir again; repeat until the chocolate is melted.
- Place 2/3 cups blanched almond flour, 2 Tablespoons Cacao powder, 1/2 teapsoon baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Add 2/3 cup Truvia or coconut sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Mix in the melted chocolate and stir just to combine.
- Fold in additional, desired chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan, or line with wax or parchment paper.
- Place batter in the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the brownies come out clean when tested.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and cut with a plastic knife.
What is Blanched Almond Flour?
- Blanched almond flour is a wheat flour alternative that is natural.
- Blanched means that the almond skin has been removed from the nut.
So the other day when I came home after being gone for one hour, my cute little granddaughter who is almost 2 years old, decided to color with a pencil on the wall. Hmmm, I tell you what, I had already taken some lemon oil and washed her up that morning.
She had decided to take a pen and color her arms, and her legs and feet! Good grief who does that? I guess a two year old. Ha ha. Yep or maybe it is a third child syndrome. My third child did the same thing.
After he had done that about 3 times, I gave him a rag and told him here you go, it is your turn to clean the walls. Then I put all of the markers that were not washable in the trash, and hid the crayons.
I think that I would love to go back to that house and look around. It is crazy to think that that was over 20 years ago. Another thing that I must remind you of is that you never want to wish bad things on your children, for example, I hope your kid does the same thing?
And the reason of that is because, those cute little grand kids come to grandma and grandpa’s and then they color on your walls!! I have decided that there is never going to be a time when all the walls in my house are freshly painted and that there are no dings in the walls.
What is the Difference Between Cacao and Cocoa?
- Cacao is made by cold-pressing UN-ROASTED cacao beans. The process keeps the living enzymes in the cacao and removes the fat.
- Cocoa looks the same but it’s not. Cocoa powder is cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures
I think the only time I had that was when we moved into our new house 23 years ago. That is okay, I am raising kids and enjoying grand kids not houses. And I know that there are some people out there and their houses seem to be more important than their families.
Let me just tell you, I guess one has to live in their house and it cannot be perfect all of the time. I know that we are suppose to ask when cleaning our homes “does this bring me joy”? I told my husband, sometimes my children drive me crazy and they do not bring me joy in those moments.
However, I do not give my children away. Then I realize that sometimes I am sure that they feel the same way about their mom! Ha ha. I know that kids are suppose to bring you joy, and I know what that means now.
It means that sometimes they have children and those grandchildren do bring you so much joy, even if they color on your walls. It is fun to spoil them a bit and then send them home. They are cute little stinkers and so much easier to enjoy when you do not see them 24/7.
Can You Use Cocoa in Place of Cacao in Amazing Gluten Free Brownies?
- Cocoa can be used in place of cacao.
Can Cacao Be Used in Place of Cocoa in Recipes?
- You will need to use baking soda if you substitute cacao for cocoa in a recipe, as baking powder may not provide the desired results.
- If your recipe calls for baking soda, you should be fine using cacao.
- If your recipe does not call for baking soda, but only baking powder, you will need to switch that out if you are using cacao.
So this same cute little granddaughter went downstairs at her house today and got into her dad’s mud that he is working on the walls with. Sometimes kids think that they are as big as mom and dad and that they can do a great job too.
Hmm, well it does wonders for styling cream for ones hair and makes a nice mess where mom just cleaned the floor. They are so cute. How do you get upset with them when they really think that they are helping out? And there you have it.
Here is a picture of the brownie batter for the amazing gluten free brownies. It is rich, creamy and pretty thick.
Tips and Tricks For Amazing Gluten Free Brownies:
- Do not over bake these amazing gluten free brownies, or they will be crunchy and dry.
- As with all brownies, make sure that you mix them just until combined, so that they turn out nice and chewy.
More Gluten Free Recipes For You:
*Adapted from: the one lovely life
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 41mgSodium 147mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 4g