Amazing Breakfast Casserole is a great way to start your morning. This most amazing breakfast casserole is loaded with goodness. One thing I love about this breakfast casserole is that it has quite a variety of different foods.
The first thing my kids said was, “Wow, this is nice and thick”. So you do not need too big of a slice. A little goes a long way. So if you have a smaller group, you might want to half the recipe.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Amazing Breakfast Casserole?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this casserole (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Hash browns: they go on the bottom, kind of as a base; don’t forget to pepper and salt them.
- Eggs: They are your protein, and there are 12 of them.
- Sour cream: this will be fats for your day.
- Half and Half: some dairy.
- Green and Red bell peppers: These will be your vegetables, along with some green onions to give it just the right amount of flavor.
- Cheeses: this is dairy at it’s best.
- Sausage: for some meat and proteins, or you can add ham if you would rather.
How Do I Make Amazing Breakfast Casserole?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this casserole (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Start by greasing a 9 x 13″ baking dish.
- Add the frozen hash browns to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, seasoning salt, cheeses, and meat.
- Pour the mixture over the frozen hash browns.
- If time allows, cover for 2 hours or overnight before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Can I Make This Amazing Breakfast Casserole Ahead of Time?
- Yes, it makes ahead well.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator.
- I like to take it out of the fridge about 20 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Bake according to instructions.
More Delicious Breakfast Dishes:
- 2 cups cooked sausage or ham
- 1 (24 ounce) bag shredded, frozen hash browns
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease or spray a 9" x 13" pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, add the sausage and cook over medium heat.
- Drain the grease and set the sausage aside.
- Place the hash browns in the bottom of the pan; sprinkle with pepper and seasoning salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, half and half, green onion, peppers, cheeses and the sausage, mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the hash browns and place in the oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the center comes out clean when checked with a knife. The center needs to be 160 degrees or higher.
- Remove and cut into 12 pieces.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- You can also make this the night before and cover it with foil and place in the refrigerator; if you do, it might take 5 more minutes to bake.
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 248mgSodium 752mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 19g