Amazing Breakfast Casserole is a great way to start your morning. This most amazing breakfast casserole is loaded with goodness. One thing I love about this breakfast casserole is that it has quite a variety of different foods.
The first thing my kids said was, “Wow, this is nice and thick”. So you do not need too big of a slice. A little goes a long way. So if you have a smaller group, you might want to half the recipe.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Amazing Breakfast Casserole?
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this casserole (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Hash browns: they go on the bottom, kind of as a base; don’t forget to pepper and salt them.
- Eggs: They are your protein, and there are 12 of them.
- Sour cream: this will be fats for your day.
- Half and Half: some dairy.
- Green and Red bell peppers: These will be your vegetables, along with some green onions to give it just the right amount of flavor.
- Cheeses: this is dairy at it’s best.
- Sausage: for some meat and proteins, or you can add ham if you would rather.
How Do I Make Amazing Breakfast Casserole?
Here’s the simple steps you’ll follow to make this casserole (scroll down for the full recipe):
- Start by greasing a 9 x 13″ baking dish.
- Add the frozen hash browns to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, seasoning salt, cheeses, and meat.
- Pour the mixture over the frozen hash browns.
- If time allows, cover for 2 hours or overnight before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Can I Make This Amazing Breakfast Casserole Ahead of Time?
- Yes, it makes ahead well.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator.
- I like to take it out of the fridge about 20 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Bake according to instructions.
More Delicious Breakfast Dishes:
Raspberry Croissant Breakfast Bake
Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast
Amazing Breakfast Casserole
Amazing Breakfast Casserole is a nice way to start your morning. Enjoy the flavor of eggs, sausage and hash browns all in one dish.
- 2 cups cooked sausage or ham
- 1 (24 ounce) bag shredded, frozen hash browns
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease or spray a 9" x 13" pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, add the sausage and cook over medium heat.
- Drain the grease and set the sausage aside.
- Place the hash browns in the bottom of the pan; sprinkle with pepper and seasoning salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, half and half, green onion, peppers, cheeses and the sausage, mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the hash browns and place in the oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until the center comes out clean when checked with a knife. The center needs to be 160 degrees or higher.
- Remove and cut into 12 pieces.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- You can also make this the night before and cover it with foil and place in the refrigerator; if you do, it might take 5 more minutes to bake.
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 248mgSodium 752mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 19g
Thanks for sharing with us! I’ll be featuring you this week when the next To Grandma’s house we go link party starts!
Thank you for the feature. We do enjoy this Breakfast Casserole!
This looks really good and not too difficult! My husband is a little bit of a picky eater, so I will have to probably leave out the peppers (sad face), but I am definitely going to make this! Thanks for sharing it at the Thursday Favorite Things party.
Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment. Believe me, I know about those picky eaters – it will be good without the peppers but I’m with you in wanting them in there!
You’re welcome, Amy. Also, I wanted to let you know that I featured it today at the TFT party. 🙂
Thank you so much! That’s wonderful. Have a wonderful week.
We love a good breakfast casserole and this one looks fabulous!
Breakfast casseroles really are wonderful. I love a meal in one dish! Thank you for your comment.
Thank you for sharing at #OverTheMoon. We appreciate your shares. They have been Tweeted Pinned. Have a lovely week. I hope to see you at next week’s party too! Please stay safe and healthy. Come party with us at Over The Moon! Catapult your content Over The Moon! @marilyn_lesniak @EclecticRedBarn
Yummy! I love a good breakfast casserole, and this definitely looks yummy!
We love a breakfast casserole here and this one is a fabulous one!
Oh my! This looks delicious! Pinning so I can give it a try.
I love breakfast casseroles. It is fabulous to have breakfast in one dish and this one is delicious!