Amazing Breakfast Casserole is a great way to start your morning. This most amazing breakfast casserole is loaded with goodness. One thing I love about this breakfast casserole is that it has quite a variety of different foods.
The first thing my kids said was, “Wow, this is nice and thick”. So you do not need too big of a slice. A little goes a long way. So if you have a smaller group, you might want to half the recipe.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Amazing Breakfast Casserole?
- Hash browns: they go on the bottom, kind of as a base; don’t forget to pepper and salt them.
- Eggs: They are your protein, and there are 12 of them.
- Sour cream: this will be fats for your day.
- Half and Half: some dairy.
- Green and Red bell peppers: These will be your vegetables, along with some green onions to give it just the right amount of flavor.
- Cheeses: this is dairy at it’s best.
- Sausage: for some meat and proteins, or you can add ham if you would rather.
How Do I Make Amazing Breakfast Casserole?
- Start by greasing a 9 x 13″ baking dish.
- Add the frozen hash browns to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, seasoning salt, cheeses, and meat.
- Pour the mixture over the frozen hash browns.
- If time allows, cover for 2 hours or overnight before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Can I Make This Amazing Breakfast Casserole Ahead of Time?
- Yes, it makes ahead well.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator.
- I like to take it out of the fridge about 20 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Bake according to instructions.
More Delicious Breakfast Dishes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 248mgSodium 752mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 19g