Pumpkin cake is the perfect dessert for Fall, or any time of year. I love pumpkin and this is a perfect cake.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Pumpkin Cake?
- Yellow cake mix
- Vanilla instant pudding mix (dry)
- Canned pumpkin
- Baking soda
- Whipped topping
- Whipping cream
- Brown sugar
- Cinnamon chips (optional)
How Do I Make Pumpkin Cake?
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, pudding mix (dry), pumpkin, soda, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Beat all the ingredients together for 4 minutes.
- Place in a 9″ X 13″ cake pan that has been greased or sprayed.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Check the center of the cake with a wooden pick or a cake tester; make sure it comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Whip the whipping cream.
- Then add the brown sugar.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Place on cooled cake, and sprinkle with cinnamon chips, if you like.
- Place a lid or plastic wrap on top and store in the refrigerator.
Is Canned Pumpkin Nutritious?
- Many of us only consume pumpkin during the Fall, Winter and Holidays. But it was a staple in Native Americans’ and Early Colonists’ diets. It has always had a place in American diets.
- Canned pumpkin gives you the freedom to enjoy the health benefits associated with pumpkin flesh without having to go through the lengthy process of selecting, baking and pureeing the pumpkin.
- Canned pumpkin has 82 calories per cup , making it low in calories. But it has vitamins, fiber, and minerals, resulting in lots of nutritional value.
What are your favorite pumpkin desserts? There are quite a few and I can’t think of any of them that I don’t care for. I think that my very favorites are the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and the pumpkin dessert. I hope you love them as much as we do.
Pumpkin cake is moist and creamy. The topping is a nice change from cream cheese frosting. Add cinnamon chips to the top and refrigerate. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 43mgSodium 319mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 3g
Pumpkin cake is moist and creamy. The topping is a nice change from cream cheese frosting. Add cinnamon chips to the top and refrigerate.
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix