Mandarin Orange Cake is a wonderful Summer cake, but also great any time of year. It is so light and refreshing and served chilled. It is a wonderful treat if you are having a block party or BBQ. It stores well and is perfect for making ahead of time.
If you are a coconut fan, you might just want to garnish your cake with some grated coconut. But if you are not a coconut fan, no worries, because it still tastes amazing without the coconut.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Mandarin Orange Cake?
- Yellow cake mix
- Mandarin oranges
- Cooking oil
- Crushed pineapple
- Instant Vanilla pudding
- Whipped topping
- Coconut – Optional
How Do I Make Mandarin Orange Cake?
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil.
- Drain the Mandarin orange juice from the Oranges into a container; KEEPING THE JUICE to use in a later step.
- Fold the Mandarin oranges into your mixture.
- Pour the mandarin orange juice into a cup and then fill the rest of the cup up with water to make 1 cup of liquid.
- Fold the liquid into your mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9″ X 13″ cake pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the center of the cake is done.
- Remove from oven and cool completely, remove from the pan.
- Combine the can of pineapple (do not drain) with the dry pudding mix and fold in the whipped topping.
- Frost the cake, garnish if desired, and refrigerate.
- This cake will keep well in the refrigerator for several days.
- You can also freeze it complete with toppings, and it only takes 30 minutes to thaw before serving.
Can I Use Pineapple Chunks in the Frosting?
- Crushed pineapple is best because you do not want to have too big of chunks.
- The crushed pineapple helps the whipped frosting go on the cake a little smoother, as well.
Tips and Tricks for Mandarin Orange Cake:
- I like to use Coconut Oil for the oil, but you can use any cooking oil that you prefer.
- Make sure to refrigerate the cake – it needs to be served chilled.
- Garnish with Coconut, Mandarin Oranges, or both.
More Cakes For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 47mgSodium 282mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 3g