This truly is fantastic banana bread. The other day, I made pumpkin bread, poppy seed bread and this fantastic banana bread and this one disappeared first. I will have to get you the other recipes later!
I was so surprised when I looked and I didn’t have either recipe on the blog!!!!
If you are looking for a last minute idea for your neighbors, you may want to mix up a batch.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Fantastic Banana Bread?
- Cooking oil
- Medium eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Ripe bananas
- Baking soda
- Chopped nuts, optional
How Do I Make Fantastic Banana Bread?
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Then add the bananas.
- Slowly add the flour, soda, salt and alternate with the buttermilk.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Grease two 9″ x 5″ loaf pans.
- Divide the batter up evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake @325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to sit in the pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Then turn it out onto a wire rack!
My husband thinks that you need to use bananas that aren’t too ripe, but I like to use them when they are just a little bit darker.
Also I would add walnuts, but they give my hubby cankers. So if I add nuts it is usually pecans!
And for some reason the batter mixes up better if you have your eggs at room temperature.
Cook the bread to a nice golden brown, make sure to put a wooden pick or a cake tester in the center to make sure that the bread gets done all the way through.
More Delicious Quick Bread Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 201Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 16mgSodium 142mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 3g