This truly is fantastic banana bread. The other day, I made pumpkin bread, poppy seed bread and this fantastic banana bread and this one disappeared first. I will have to get you the other recipes later!
I was so surprised when I looked and I didn’t have either recipe on the blog!!!!
If you are looking for a last minute idea for your neighbors, you may want to mix up a batch.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Fantastic Banana Bread?
- Cooking oil
- Medium eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Ripe bananas
- Baking soda
- Chopped nuts, optional
How Do I Make Fantastic Banana Bread?
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Then add the bananas.
- Slowly add the flour, soda, salt and alternate with the buttermilk.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Grease two 9″ x 5″ loaf pans.
- Divide the batter up evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake @325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to sit in the pan for 4-5 minutes.
- Then turn it out onto a wire rack!
My husband thinks that you need to use bananas that aren’t too ripe, but I like to use them when they are just a little bit darker.
Also I would add walnuts, but they give my hubby cankers. So if I add nuts it is usually pecans!
And for some reason the batter mixes up better if you have your eggs at room temperature.
Cook the bread to a nice golden brown, make sure to put a wooden pick or a cake tester in the center to make sure that the bread gets done all the way through.
More Delicious Quick Bread Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 201 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 142mg Carbohydrates 27g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 17g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g