Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup is just what you will need since the weather has turned off a little chilly! I do not know about your home, but when I got up this morning, I was so tempted to turn the heat on. It even snowed in the mountains.
So, I decided that I would need something nice and warm for dinner today, and so I grabbed my delicious easy broccoli cheese soup recipe and decided to share it with all of you.
You will most likely want to make it sooner than later because I heard that the weather is going to be warm this next week end. I must say, I am good with that.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup?
- Yellow onion
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken broth
- Half and half
- Dried mustard
- Garlic salt
- Chicken seasoning
- Sharp cheddar cheese
How Do I Make Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup?
- In a heavy stock pot or pan, place the butter and the onions.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Next take a whisk and add the flour, cooking and stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the chicken broth along with the half and half.
- Add the salt, pepper, dried mustard, garlic salt, and chicken seasoning.
- Mix to combine, and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next add in the broccoli and carrots, stir and allow the soup to simmer for 25 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Add additional salt or pepper if desired.
How Do I Choose the Best Broccoli?
- Choose broccoli heads with tight, green florets and firm stalks.
- The broccoli should feel heavy for its size.
- The cut ends of the stalks should be fresh and moist looking.
- Avoid broccoli with dried out or browning stem ends or yellowing florets.
Tips and Tricks for Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Simmer the soup for the amount of time for your broccoli to be cooked to the amount of tenderness that you like.
- Allow enough time for the cheese to melt before serving.
More Tasty Soups For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 416Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 146mgSodium 1297mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 3gSugar 8gProtein 25g