Double chocolate and vanilla cheesecake is to die for! Here it is Valentine’s Day and I know that you are going to want to make this double chocolate and vanilla cheesecake for your Valentine!!!
It is so rich and creamy, loaded with yummy chocolate, and then topped off with more chocolate. You can garnish it with white chocolate or even a beautiful raspberry. I like to add the raspberry because it is so pretty and makes a nice contrast!
We don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day around here so much, but I have decided it is a great day to let others know that you care about them and that you are thinking about them, whether you do it with a note, or a double chocolate and vanilla cheesecake.
We all have different love languages and some are physical gifts, there are words of affirmation, touch, gifts of service (if anyone wants to come and do my dishes)??? and last but not least, is the gift of time. Wow, that is a big one.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Double Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake?
- Creme filled cookies or graham crackers
- Cream cheese
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Whipping cream
How Do I Make Double Chocolate and Vanilla Cheesecake?
- Combine crushed cookies and butter; and then press firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until nice and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add the eggs, flour and the vanilla and mix them well.
- Divide batter in half.
- Add the chocolate to one half of the batter and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate batter in the the spring form pan on top of the crust.
- Then add the vanilla batter. Bake the cheesecake @ 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Top with Chocolate Glaze (recipe below).
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt semi-sweet chocolate squares with whipping cream.
- Cook and stir util thickened and smooth. Remove from the heat and spread over the cheesecake.
It seems that the more conveniences that we have, the more we fill our time with other things like social media, or going to the gym. Growing up on a farm, that was going to the gym all day long. Just look at all the money I saved. Ha ha.
Hey and I bet you didn’t know that the school counselor, when he would call me in, would embarrass me and say, you really should try out for the football team, your muscles are bigger than most of the team. I wish I had that problem now. In fact, now it is the opposite. Now I have grandma arms. My muscles all fell the other way.:)
What is Cheesecake?
- Cheesecake is a sweet dessert consisting of one or more layers.
- The main, and thickest layer, consists of a mixture of soft, fresh cheese, eggs, and sugar.
- If there is a bottom layer, it often consists of a crust or base made from crushed cookies, graham crackers, pastry, or sometimes sponge cake.
Well all that I can say is, I am very lucky that I have a Valentine, who loves me even if I have saggy arms and I am not the same size that I was when we got married. And you know what, he is pretty awesome too.
And don’t tell him, but I am pretty sure that his muscles have changed too. Oh well, it is time to focus on all the good in one another. In fact, when he chews his food, (for some reason that is one thing that bugs most of my kids, and I am pretty sure that they got that from me), I tell myself that he is my favorite chewer and then the sound doesn’t bug me as much.
I know that we all have our weird quirks. Some of the reasons I love my Valentine are: he is very nurturing, he likes things done right (even if it takes a long time), he is very kind hearted and he is a spiritual giant! I love him because he loves me. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Other Delicious Desserts for you to Try:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 55mgSodium 82mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 3g