Creamy Loaded Potato Soup is one of those soups that you can add extra toppings too. My husband loves Pepper Jack cheese and I love sharp; you can try it either way.
This delicious creamy loaded potato soup comes together so quickly because you can use frozen hash browns.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Creamy Loaded Potato Soup?
- Beef or chicken broth
- Frozen, diced hash brown potatoes
- Cooked, chopped bacon
- Chopped, dried onion
- Cream cheese
- Shredded sharp cheese
- Salt and pepper
How Do I Make Creamy Loaded Potato Soup?
- In a large crock pot, place the broth, hash browns, 1 cup of the bacon, dried onions, and the milk.
- Place the lid on top and allow the mixture to cook on low for 4 – 5 hours or high for 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving the soup, add the cream cheese and the shredded cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Top the soup off with chives, extra bacon or even pepper jack cheese.
Tips and Tricks For Creamy Loaded Potato Soup:
- Use ham in place of the bacon if you like.
- Or if you want to make the soup a little healthier, skip the bacon or ham. Most people really like bacon or ham, so if you want more flavorful soup, don’t skip the bacon or ham, but if you really want to make your soup a little healthier, then skip the pork.
- You could also add in some steamed cauliflower or broccoli, maybe even some carrots; that way you will get your veggies in for the day. It will also add some color to your soup.
More Delicious Soup Recipes for You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 254Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 55mgSodium 635mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 15g