Creamy asparagus with lemon chicken is one of the best dishes out there. You will be so amazed that you can cook something so fancy that tastes so good.
The first time my husband had this, he told me “do not change anything with this recipe and make sure you make it again and again”. Then my son that is so picky said “mom this creamy asparagus with lemon chicken is one of the best dinners we have ever eaten”.
So, with that being said, you just might want to get out a bigger skillet and double the batch. It is truly a nice dinner and one that tastes like it took all day. I love that you can have it done in about 40 minutes!
What Ingredients Do I Need For Creamy Asparagus With Lemon Chicken?
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Cloves
- Half and Half
- Lemon juice
How Do I Make Creamy Asparagus With Lemon Chicken?
- In a medium skillet, add the olive oil. When the skillet is heated, add the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning.
- Brown the chicken, then turn the chicken over and sprinkle the 2nd side of the chicken with the salt, pepper and other teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Cook until the juices run out clear or until the middle of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the onions, garlic, and asparagus to the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onions start to get tender.
- In a mixing jar or a bowl, add the half and half, flour, cheese, and lemon juice. Mix.
- Add this mixture to the onions and stir until it starts to thicken and boil.
- Place the chicken back into the pan and let the mixture simmer.
- Add more salt and pepper to your taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and let it flavor the chicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish as desired.
Can I Substitute a Different Vegetable for the Asparagus?
- Yes, you can substitute a different vegetable for the asparagus.
- Green Beans would probably be the best substitute because they cook up in about the same amount of time as the asparagus would have; you want your vegetable to be done when the chicken is done.
So my granddaughter came over today and I have this video of her when she was little. She would take my kid’s cute little Easter baskets and put them into the washer and then she would make the sound of the washer washing these cute little baskets.
Then she would move them over to the drier and then she would make the sound like the drier was done. She would go beep. It was the cutest video. She was only 2 years old. And so today, she had those baskets in the laundry room again, showing her sister who is 1 year old in 2 weeks how it was done.
I love when kids can use their imaginations and make such great sound effects too. It seems that as adults we sure do work a lot. Maybe we need to take time to play a little each day.
Tips and Tricks For Creamy Asparagus With Lemon Chicken:
- Sometimes if I do not have half and half, I use half cream and half milk.
- Make sure that you snap of the end of the asparagus that is hard and discard it so that the asparagus isn’t hard and woody to eat!
After we had this creamy asparagus with lemon chicken, we went off to the political caucus feeling really good. It went OK. And one more thing, I must tell you, my husband did not get elected to be a delegate for the next two years.
The people there were trying to talk me into letting him and I told them that if they wanted to come and clean my garage and do some work around my house, then I would let him. Nobody volunteered.
However we got some amazing people to help out and I think that it is wonderful that people are willing to donate their time and help out their neighbors and community.
After it was all said and done, my husband told me that he had to be out of town with work, both of the days that they needed him for the conventions. You mean I could have kept my mouth shut and kept quiet. Brother!!!!!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 130mgSodium 338mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 42g