My sister-in-law brought me some bacon, and so I decided that it was time to make some creamy baked potato soup. It turned out fantastic.
I first prepared my potatoes to put into the Insta Pot to cook. I scrubbed them and then I poked a fork in them 4 or 5 times. After that I wrapped them in aluminium foil.
Then I placed the Insta Pot on manual and turned it to 12 minutes. After the timer went off, I let the potatoes set there until the steam released naturally; about 12 more minutes. They turned out perfect.
After that I went ahead and cut them into cubes, and I did not peel the potatoes.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Creamy Baked Potato Soup?
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
- Chicken broth
- Baked potatoes
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Parsley or green onions
How Do I Make Creamy Baked Potato Soup?
- In a skillet, fry the bacon.
- Remove bacon and place it on a paper towel.
- In a medium pot, add olive oil and the onion, cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and butter, stir with a whisk.
- Then add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil cooking over medium heat.
- Add the buttermilk and the milk.
- Then add the potatoes, cheese, sour cream, and bacon, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or chopped little green onions.
Why Use Sour Cream in Creamy Baked Potato Soup?
- Well almost everyone adds sour cream to their baked potato, so that just adds to the authenticity of Baked Potato Soup.
- It also helps make the soup rich and delicious.
What Other Tips Are There For Creamy Baked Potato Soup?
- Chop the bacon, and save about 1/4 cup to garnish the bowls of soup.
- You can use any kind of cheese that you want.
- Also, you can use all regular milk instead of part buttermilk, if you like. I had buttermilk, and we like buttermilk, so I used 1 cup of buttermilk and then I used another cup of vitamin D milk. As the soup sat, it did get thicker and I added another 1/2 cup of milk. However, you may like it nice and thick and not use the extra 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- If you have a hard time eating potato skins, go ahead and peel your potatoes; it isn’t too big of a deal, I grew up eating skins and so I just left them on.
More Tasty Soups For You:
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 975Total Fat 62gSaturated Fat 31gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 165mgSodium 2075mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 5gSugar 8gProtein 39g