Peanut butter cookie cups are a soft peanut butter cookie, surrounding a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup. These delicious cookies never last very long around our home. They are a favorite of my kids and the grand kids. If you don’t hide them, you will come back and there will not be any left!!! I just can’t figure out where they go when I am the only one home? Ha ha!!
These are similar to peanut blossom cookies, but for some reason, we like the Reese’s better than the kisses and they are fun to put into the muffin tins. I also love to make them for special occasions. They are usually the dessert that disappears first! I use creamy peanut butter, but if you like you can use crunchy. I just love to enjoy the creaminess of these delicious cookies. Also, I wanted to take some cookies to my neighbor because his mother just passed away, and I thought that these peanut butter cookie cups are just the cookie to cheer him up a bit.
Also, it is snowing today, and so I always love to turn the oven on and warm up the house. I am just like the rest of you who live around Utah and Idaho, we are ready for some nice Spring weather. I do not mind the rain, but I am a little finished with the snow. We had the biggest snow flakes yesterday, but we were lucky that they didn’t last. It does make everyone’s grass nice and green. So, if the weather is 40 degrees at your house today, then you too will enjoy making and eating these amazing peanut butter cookie cups!!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups flour
- Reese's miniatures
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Then add the flour, soda, and salt and mix well.
- Shape into approximately 2" balls.
- Place into greased mini muffin tin.
- Unwrap 30 Reese's miniatures.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookie dough starts to turn golden brown.
- After you remove them from the oven, place a Reese's in the middle of each cookie. Press down until the Reese's is even with the top of the cookie.
- Remove from the muffin tin after they cool for about 2 minutes.
- I use a orange peeler to remove mine.