This Insta Pot Apple Crisp just might become your new go to dessert! It is ready in less than 30 minutes. How many of you have pressure cookers and aren’t taking advantage of them? I have had mine for about 6 years and I just didn’t use it as much as I could have. So much time wasted. I must say in this busy world, it is definitely a wonderful thing to own. So I challenge you to get yours out today and start with this simple recipe. Your family will love this apple crisp. I love that you can use your pressure cooker and not heat up the house. Summer is coming. Also, if you are in need of a last minute dessert for guests, this insta pot apple crisp is perfect. Set the timer on 8 minutes and then let it rest for at least 5 minutes after it is done cooking, that way the oats have time to soften.
Also here is a secret, you can 1 1/2 times the topping! The topping is the very best part of the Insta Pot Apple Crisp. I love it cold, or warm with some ice cream on top. Also if you like a lot of cinnamon, you can use more. I think this amount is just right, but we all have our own preferences. I was also thinking that if you love pecans you could add a few chopped pecans just for a little extra crunch. We also love real cream, whipped and sweetened. Let me know how your families like it?
I also use a crisp apple, one that is sweet. You can use some tart apples, if that is your preference. I grew up with tart apples and I think that I ate too many. We had a crab apple tree and I just don’t know how people like those tart little things. It makes my mouth pucker up just thinking about them. Ooh! However, it is kind of fun to mix them also. You could have some that are tart and some that are sweet. Either way, this is just a fantastic dessert.
- 4 cups sliced apples, Peeled and cored (use crisp apples)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats, uncooked
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Peel and chop up apples, (4-5 apples).
- Place apples on the bottom of the pressure cooker or Insta Pot.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add water.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Melt butter and add to oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt to make crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over apples.
- Secure the lid on the pot.
- Using the manual setting, cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Use natural release. I have let it sit for 5 minutes before and then let the air out.
- Let sit for a few minutes, and the sauce will thicken and become just right.
- Serve warm.
- Top with cream or ice cream.