Grand granola is so grand because you can mix up a batch so quickly. It tastes so much better than what you buy in the store. It tastes nice and fresh and is perfect on yogurt or just as a snack. We like to eat it with a little milk in the mornings for breakfast. If you like raisins, you could put them in place of the craisins. It is also yummy to put some fresh fruit, like blueberries or strawberries, in the bottom of a clear cup, then put some yogurt in and then top that off with some granola. You will love it.
My son goes to work pretty early in the mornings, and so he usually likes to eat just a quick bowl of cereal. I feel pretty good about this one because it isn’t completely full of sugar and preservatives. Make some today and put it in a bowl with an airtight lid or a bucket with a lid. That way it will stay nice and fresh. Your kids will love it and if they aren’t a big fan of coconut, just leave it out. Just make sure that you put in the honey, peanut butter, flavoring and oats. The rest is strictly your choice. It is nice that you can make it according to your family’s taste buds. Next time I make it, I will use dried apples and some cinnamon.
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring (or vanilla)
- 5 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup craisins
- ½ cup coconut, regular or sweetened
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- In a glass bowl combine peanut butter and honey, heat in the micro wave for 1 minute on power level 50.
- Mix peanut butter and honey together. Then add flavoring in with the peanut butter mixture.
- In a large bowl combine oats, craisins, coconut and almonds.
- Place on to a lightly greased baking sheet with sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then turn over and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool and place into an air tight container.