I was in the mood for something nice and warm today, so I decided to make these quick and easy French Dip Submarine Sandwiches. This Spring has been so strange. One day it is nice and warm, and the next it is raining or hailing. The temperature was 31 degrees this morning. One minute it was sunny and the next it was snowing,then a few minutes later it was sunny again. They say, here in Utah if you don’t like the weather to wait for 30 minutes. It was true today for sure. But it sure was beautiful. And isn’t the weather just like food, you have to enjoy all kinds. If it was the same everyday, there wouldn’t be anything to complain about! It would always be the same and we wouldn’t know any different. So I am glad that it is different. There are so many beautiful sunsets and so many different kinds of clouds. We are so blessed to be able to enjoy nature. There are so many different foods to try. I hope you love these quick and easy French Dip Submarine Sandwiches.
My youngest son is getting ready to graduate from High School and he is feeling just a little picked on so if you could send good vibes his way I would be most grateful. On his way to school the other day, he went to go right and the vehicle in front of him, a white jeep, went into traffic and then they put it in reverse. They must have forgot that they had put it in reverse and they backed up just as my son went to go forward smashing in the front of his car. Before he knew what had happened, the car sped off and he didn’t think to get a picture or the cars license plate number. Last year I was also in an accident. That accident was in a parking lot. Our insurance paid for both my car and the other car. Four weeks after it happened we had witnesses tell us that it was the other cars fault. I was so surprised when I got hit that I really couldn’t figure out where the other car had come from and how I had hit it. Anyway long story short, if we make another claim, we run the risk of our insurance dropping us. My son owes $5,500.00 on his car and to fix his car is $4,500.00. Insurance just isn’t the same as it use to be!?! We figure the other car didn’t have any insurance and that is why they fled. Anyway it seems like when we have changes coming, sometimes we go through growing pains. I told him that things will all work out and that we might just have to bend the hood back into shape and buy a new grill and call it good. It still beats walking. Some times growing up is hard. However I just want to encourage him to look for the other blessings and focus on gratitude. What can I be completely grateful for right now? That is a good question to ask yourself a few times a day. The answer can be something as simple as Easy French Dip Submarine Sandwiches!
Today, I would say that I am completely grateful for my cute grandson that turned eight. I just don’t know how he got big so fast. I am grateful to have him as part of our lives. Happy Birthday Kasen! And I wish I had your energy!
- 6 Hoagie rolls
- 2 (1 ounce packages) of Au Jus gravy mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound Deli Italian roast Beef (from the deli - sliced thin)
- 6 slices of provolone cheese cut in ½
- Cream cheese
- Place Au Jus and water in a crock pot.
- Place the roast beef in the gravy mix and cook on low for 1- 2 hours, or simmer on the stove top for 20 minutes.
- Cut the rolls in half and spread cream cheese on the bottom of the roll, then place the provolone cheese that is cut in half on top of the other side of the roll, (if you like you can butter that side of the roll first).
- Place the tops and the bottoms of the rolls face up under a broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the provolone cheese is melted.
- Remove from the broiler.
- Place some roast beef on top of the roll and serve with Au Jus.
- Using a small bowl place some Au Jus for dipping the roll into.