Corn flake candy is a perfect candy for these busy holiday weeks. It comes together very quickly and has an amazing taste. This wonderful recipe has been around for years and I know that your guests will be coming back for a second or even a third. Corn flake candy is just a fun little treat and the fact that it only has 4 ingredients makes it even better. You can always add coconut if you like and even some peanuts or cashews; my family really enjoy that.
Are you all ready for Christmas, or are you like me and having a hard time getting started? It sure is difficult when your kids are all grown up, trying to figure out what to get them. It seems that the thing they want, they get themselves. I think that my three adult children are keeping the Fed Ex man in business. It seems like we get packages two or three times a week. And I better not complain, I am sure that one of those amazing gifts must be for me! Right?
How is your weather? I don’t know if you are like us, but we have had a bad inversion a for a few days, and I am just ready for the sun to come out. It is only 9:00 AM and I feel like I need a nap already. I guess if every day were so nice and sunny, that we just wouldn’t appreciate the sun. It truly makes one feel better when we see it. And also, I seem to shop better when there is a little snow on the ground. It reminds me of years past and that is how I remember December. However again, I am happy that I haven’t had to shovel any snow this year and so for now, I will just rest up. Enjoy your Corn Flake Candy!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 - 6 cups corn flakes
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- In a large, heavy (thicker) sauce pan, cook the sugar and corn syrup, on medium heat.
- Mix until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until nice and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add corn flakes. I like to add mine 1 cup at a time, allowing me to cover the corn flakes completely. Some times it is 5 cups; sometimes it is more or less, depending on how much coating you like on your corn flakes.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet or a piece of waxed paper, using a cookie scoop or a spoon.
- Store in an air tight container.