Chicken broccoli and sweet potato sheet pan dinner is a great way to end the day. All those healthy veggies and delicious chicken are such a great dinner. This amazing chicken broccoli and sweet potato sheet pan dinner is a life saver, because all you really need to do is cut and place your ingredients onto a baking pan and let the oven do the rest. In forty minutes you will have dinner ready to eat. Also, you could use yams, but I prefer sweet potatoes. What is the difference; I don’t know, I just think that sweet potatoes are a little sweeter. You can tell the difference because sweet potatoes are lighter in color; they are almost a pale yellow, whereas yams are orange.
So, I must tell you that a couple of weeks ago, I found a coupon for a Great Escape Room and so I asked my kids to find babysitters and then the rest of us would go and enjoy one hour locked in the great escape room. Just as we were leaving to go, my son-in-law was called into work, and since he was on call he went into work. That was the pits. And so the rest of us went to the Great Escape Room. If you have never been, they lock you in a room and you have to figure out the mystery. We were trying to figure out who killed Mr Caucrin. You go into the room and you start looking around and trying to figure out any clues that you can!! In the room was a desk with a couple of locks on the drawers. There were also some books and book shelves and a few chairs. So we all put our heads together and we did a great job of figuring things out. We had 5 minutes left and we just couldn’t figure out the code to get the door open. So we said, help, we need a clue, because they will help you if you need it. And the lady said, you are right there, you have just overlooked a clue. So sure enough in the desk drawer was a paper and it was the very last clue!! Just as we were putting the code in to get out the timer went off and the people outside opened the door. So don’t you think that we really solved the mystery? Oh, well it was fun, and we will have to do it again and next time, we will win!!!
I encourage you to make this delicious chicken broccoli and sweet potato sheet pan dinner. And then if you can find a coupon, I encourage you to do a lost and locked in mystery room.
- 2½ cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into squares
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into pieces
- 3 cups broccoli flowerets
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 - 3 additional Tablespoons of olive oil (I like 3)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Peel and cube sweet potatoes.
- Place sweet potatoes onto a cookie sheet, and drizzle with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place in a 400 degree oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut chicken into small squares.
- Cut the broccoli into flowerets and dice the onion.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes remove them from the oven and add the chicken, broccoli, and onion.
- Drizzle with more olive oil, and then sprinkle on the garlic salt, rosemary, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. (I use about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper).
- Return to the oven for 20 more minutes. (Make sure chicken is 160 degrees),
- Garnish with dried parsley.