Breakfast Burritos make a great breakfast, or anytime dish, and are very versatile. You can use sausage, bacon, ham, or a combination.
We really enjoy Mexican cuisine around here, so my family is always excited to have something like burritos for breakfast instead of the regular toast, waffles, or pancakes. This is great for a family breakfast or even for a crowd. This will become one of your friends’ and family’s favorites, because you can add or take away what you want. You can even change out the sausage for bacon or ham. That would make my son-in-law happy (he loves bacon). Some of my family members like it without salsa, some like it with mild salsa, and some like it with hot salsa. So just use whatever you like. If you get really creative I think that some mango salsa would be really good. Just remember to enjoy it however you like.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Maple Sausage (or any flavor)
- 1 small green pepper sautéed (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 (24 ounce) bag hash browns (fried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs (scrambled)
- 8 tortilla shells
- 2 cups cheese (grated)
- salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown sausage, then drain. Set sausage aside.
- Sauté green peppers and onions.
- Brown hash browns in a small amount of oil, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove hash browns from pan, or use a different skillet, and scramble eggs.
- Mix sausage, peppers, onions, and eggs together.
- On a tortilla shell sprinkle some grated cheese, then add your mixture of sausage, hash browns and eggs.
- You can top it off with more cheese, salsa and even some avocados.
- Roll up and enjoy.