Baked chicken parmesan pasta is excellent for those days when you have been so busy! I love the bread crumbs on the top; they go so well with the whole mixture! Also it was so nice to have some leftovers for lunches the next day. You know that the dishes taste great when 3 people out of 3 people take it for lunch. If you don’t have marinara sauce, you could always use spaghetti sauce. It will give it just a little bit of a different flavor, but it will still be good. I added some spaghetti squash on the side, and we really enjoyed our dinner. Since it has the bread crumbs on top, I don’t feel the need to add garlic bread or any other type of bread.
I love the pasta with the mozzarella cheese, and the marinara sauce. And if you are in a really big hurry, you can always grab a rotisserie chicken, letting you get your dinner on the table even faster.
What do you make for Halloween night? I usually make soup. However if you are pressed for time, try this recipe. I guarantee, your family will thank you for it! Also if you wanted to, a nice green salad would go very well with it. I sure do hope that the weather holds out for a few more days, so that the cute little trick-or-treaters can have a warmer night out. I know that my cute little granddaughter has about wore her costume right out. She puts it on and takes it off about 50 times a day! She is going to be a witch. I was thinking about dressing up with her, but I am pretty sure this grandma’s witch dress is too small. Now too bad I can’t use a little magic, and poof about 10 pounds away. They say “never trust a skinny cook”. Ha ha!! So whatever you choose, soup or baked chicken parmesan pasta, have a wonderful Halloween.
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 2½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsps butter melted
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup bread crumb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, cook the penne pasta according to package directions. When it is cooked, drain the pasta in a colander. Rinse with warm water.
- Place the pasta back into the pot. Add cooked chicken, marinara sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, add the butter and the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the bread crumbs and stir until mixed.
- In a 9" x 13" greased baking dish, add the pasta mixture, make it as level as possible.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese, and then the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place the bread crumb mixture on next.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and brown the crumbs for 6 - 8 minutes.